Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights

September 2, 2017

Leonard Peltier had triple by-pass surgery





LEtterhead buffalo
 

Good morning friends and family, Sept. 2 2017

I just talked to Leonard, And unkown to us he was just released from the hospital and this is his message to all his supporters and friends.


"Good Morning everyone. OK. I know everyone did not-not know this this but it's been a rough ride for me, BUT I'm one step back from back passing away.
I was taken to an outside hospital in Leesburg Fl. for what I was told a routine heart stress test. And it turned out that they found clogged arteries 3 of them! They decided to operate right away and I just returned from triple-bypass heart surgery. MY chest was opened and they took arteries from my legs and placed them in the blocked arteries. I had to be given a liter of blood. Now I am back at the prison and getting around in my wheel chair. they said this would help my shortness of breath and the pressure in my chest. "

He was still a little short of breath but said he is looking forward to seeing his grandson next weekend and I will be visiting him the following weekend, as well as speaking at an event in Gainesville on Friday the 15th 6-7-30pm at the Gainesville Civic Media Center, 433 S. Main St. Gainesville Fl.
I will keep you all updated as he will be able to call and give us reports on his progress of recovery.

This incident in Leonards health struggle has shown us how quickly things can happen and how important is that we do everything possible to get Leonard out of prison and home to Turtle MT. Please continue to fund his legal struggle as it will take our lawyer and all of us for this to make it happen! Donate at www.whoisleonardpeltier.info
You can send him a card at Leonard Peltier 89637-132 P.O.Box 1033 USP 1 Coleman, FL 33521.
Thank you for all your support,
Paulette

©2017 ILPDC | PO BOX 329, Fargo ND 58107

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Prayers are with you, Leonard, from South Louisiana// originally from western North Dakota//